Enemy Of The Daleks
Sylvester McCoy (the Doctor), Sophie Aldred (Ace), Philip Olivier (Hex), Kate Ashfield (Lieutenant Beth Stokes), Bindya Solanki (Sergeant Tahira Khan), Eiji Kusuhara (Professor Toshio Shimura), Jeremy James (Sistermatic/Kiseibya/Male Patient/Male Voice), Nicholas Briggs (Daleks)
Bliss used to be a paradise planet. The Galapagos Islands of space. But when the TARDIS brings the Doctor, Ace and Hex to Bliss, it’s been over-run with ironweed plants, and the air is heavy with the stench of burnt silk and static electricity.
Worse, the Daleks are coming, on the trail of a lost patrol of starship troopers. Holed up in the Roarke 279 research facility, Lieutenant Beth Stokes is preparing her last stand against the invaders.
But there’s a secret on Bliss, a secret guarded by the obsessive Professor Shimura…
This time, could it be the Daleks who need saving?
- Enemy of the Daleks was the one hundred and twenty-first monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- This audio drama was recorded on 14 and 15 January 2009 at The Moat Studios.
- This audio release also included the second episode of The Three Companions “In Memoriam”.
- The Doctor refers to the mission that the Time Lords sent him on to avert the creation of the Daleks. (Genesis of the Daleks)
- The Valkyries mention rumours of Dalek replicants, placing this story in the same time frame as Resurrection of the Daleks where replicants were extensively used by the Daleks in that story.
- Ace previously encountered the Daleks in Shoreditch in November 1963 (Remembrance of the Daleks)